Been Dissed? The Power of Respect
1. Describe a time you felt disrespected. How did you feel?
2. Was there ever a time you clearly disrespected someone else? How did that person respond?
3. Would you say you are a better talker or a better listener?
4. Do you believe you can respect others without first respecting yourself? How do you show self-respect?
Take a Look
5. Watch and Review the Power2ools video: Power of Respect.
6. “Respect” comes from the Latin word respicere, which means “to look back at or regard.” In other words, respect, in some ways, means to see or hear others.
In today’s video, Dr. Giuliano says the goal isn’t to win an argument but to find mutual understanding, which comes only when we thoughtfully regard the feelings and positions of others. Do you see or acknowledge the needs, feelings or even presence of others? Who might you be missing? The homeless person on the street who is invisible to many?